About Dmytro Gordon
Dmytro Gordon is a visual media and concert music composer, orchestrator, arranger and producer.
He has been noted for his melodicism, balance of traditional and innovative musical elements and orchestration and a broad specter of styles and genres. His music has been featured in various films, heard on Ukrainian national TV and radio, as well as his concert works being recorded by Kyiv Philharmonic Orchestra, ALEA III ensemble, and other distinguished music ensembles and groups around the globe.
Born in Prague, Czech Republic and raised in Kyiv, Ukraine, Dmytro started taking private piano lessons at 6 years old. At the age of 14, he began composing, and one year later performed his works to some of the most well-known and respected Ukrainian composers: Valentin Silvestrov, Ihor Poklad and Evgen Stankovich, who recognized Dmytro’s talent and encouraged him to pursue the composer’s career. At 16 years old, Dmytro gets accepted to the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston, and 4 years later graduates summa cum laude with a double major degree in Film Scoring and Classical Composition and a minor in Video Game Scoring.
Dmytro Gordon lives in Los Angeles, CA, and works with a renown composer, producer and holder of multiple Grammy awards Walter Afanasieff, writes and orchestrates film and concert music. In 2021, Dmytro was admitted to the National Association of Composers of Ukraine.
Major projects include:
• Composer on feature film “L.A. RUSH” 2022, starring Elijah Wood;
• Composer of parody sketches for 2022 Golden Globe Awards;
• Composer and SFX supervisor on AR app “Little Blue Dragon” 2021;
• Assistant composer and lead orchestrator on Docudrama “The Man who unlocked the Universe” 2017, starring Vincent Cassel and Armand Assante;
• Assistant composer on the animated short film “Back Home Again” 2021, voiced by Edward Asner, Michael J. Fox, Catherine O’Hara, Bill Burr, Kim Basinger, and Norm MacDonald;
• Assistant arranger and music programmer/engineer on Grammy-nominated Barbra Streisand album “Walls” 2018;
• Assistant arranger and music programmer/engineer on Neil Diamond album “Classic Diamonds” 2020;
• Composed and produced music for major Ukrainian national TV: “Savik Shuster’s Freedom of Speech” 2019, “V Gostyah u Gordona” 2014, “Fakty” national campaign 2014.
“For me, art is a medium of an idea or thought, shaped by the artist in a way to be perceived through the beholder’s brain and to be locked in their heart. Therefore, my job as an artist and a creator of music is to shape my art to that level. ”